Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 1

Jessica Helgerson studio recently has moved into new offices in Portland.

Located in downtown Portland’s Old Town, our office is situated in the historic Railway Building, built in 1872. It features beautiful brick walls, high ceilings, a mezzanine loft conference room, and huge windows facing out towards Portland’s 1st Avenue, which is a major line of Portland’s MAX light rail train. In addition to the main work space, an expansive material library occupies the lower area under the mezzanine. The building was originally used to repair trains and the machinery that was used to lift the engines still inhabits the interior. The front of the office is devoted to an installation-based art gallery called Front of House, which opened in January of 2016.

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 2

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 3

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 4

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 5

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 6

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 7

Historic Railway Building Transformed into Office by Jessica Helgerson 8

Thank you for reading this article!

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Six Urban Residences in Richmond / Melbourne Design Studios

Located in an historic and tightly-held pocket of inner-city Melbourne, this multi-award-winning boutique development features six bespoke urban residences, along with the transformation of a derelict Victorian heritage dwelling also located on site.

Wittenberg Residence / PLATTE Architecture + Design

1611 Pleasant, known to us at the Wittenberg Residence, is a three-story residential infill project located on a double lot in Over-the-Rhine. Through a series of iterations, the site was able to accommodate a two-car garage and private autocourt