The design of this studio apartment arises from the customer’s request to have a very flexible space that could accommodate different needs: comfortable for working, business meetings, relax, b&b and pied-à-terre.
From these needs we started from taking full advantage of the large windows of the apartment overlooking the urban park. For this reason, we decided to demolish the existing bathroom and propose it as a single masonry volume inside the space, in a backward position so as to create the entrance area and at the same time leave the area in front of the windows free. A cut in the bathroom walls allow some natural light to penetrate inside the bathroom.
The custom furniture then designed the other rooms:
– sleeping area: a bed on a container platform, insulated with two open vertical bookcases; a white built-in wardrobe that exploits the different depths of the perimeter wall.
– relaxa area: a container platform with a mattress / cushion suitable for relaxing, reading or hosting friends.
– living area with hidden kitchen: a fully closable suspended white monobloc that hides a small but complete kitchen (sink, stove, fridge and dishwasher). A generous table for eating and working.
The result is a single room but in which it is possible to live and recognize 5 different environments: entrance, living, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.
Material Used :
1. Mani flooring: Oakwood, square basket laying
2. Bespoke furniture: Oakwood and lacquered matwhite by Carpentry IGOR LECCESE
3. Sofà: custom made by Le Maison Garavaglia and fabric by Meucci Tendenze tessili
4. Doors: Rasomuro, “Raso Parete” sliding retractable door
5. Bathroom flooring: 41zero42, Sunday, color salvia
6. Bathroom tiling: 41zero42, Biscuit, color salvia
7. Taps and fittings: Cristina, model Tricolore Verde, brushed steel
8. Bathroom fixture: Globo, model Forty3
9. Movable furnishing: kitchen_ white modular kitchen by miniki.eu; chairs: superleggera by Gio Ponti; Chairs: Eames Plastic Armchair by Vitra
10. Lighting: Applique de Marseille, Nemo; Vintage ceramic lamps hold